Rabbi Yitzchak taught that “A ruler is not to be appointed unless the community is consulted.”
— Babylonian Talmud Berachot 55a
DC and Maryland need leaders who will represent all of us, and who are accountable to the whole community. That’s why we vote, and why we take seriously Rabbi Yitzchak’s teaching that community input is essential for choosing who will lead our cities, counties, and states.
And it’s why the JUFJ Campaign Fund was founded ten years ago — to help elect leaders who will fight for our Jewish values, to advocate for issues that matter to the whole community, and to hold our representatives to the commitments they make.
Announcing our 2024 Endorsements
More endorsements coming soon…
In 2022, we updated our candidate endorsement criteria.
- The candidate’s platform/incumbent’s record is closely aligned with our community’s agenda for social, racial, and economic justice
- The candidate has a demonstrated commitment to racial equity
- The candidate has demonstrated integrity as a core value
- The candidate, their campaign, and our endorsement have the potential to change the public narrative and/or political landscape in ways that result in concrete improvements in people’s lives
- The endorsement of the candidate and the impact of their campaign have the potential to build collective grassroots power
The Jews United for Justice Campaign Fund makes our endorsement choices in dialogue with key partners.