The Jews United for Justice Campaign Fund (JUFJCF) is seeking a DC Field Organizer. The ideal candidate will be energetic and detail-oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills, an orientation toward flexibility, the skills and desire to solve a range of problems, and exceptional judgment. The DC Field Organizer reports to the JUFJCF DC Director, and is based in Washington, DC largely doing in-person work. This is a part-time (up to 20 hours/week), temporary position through July 2022.
About Jews United for Justice Campaign Fund
The JUFJ Campaign Fund (JUFJCF), a sister organization of JUFJ, expands JUFJ’s ability to lobby and gives our community the ability to speak directly about elections, highlighting where candidates stand on the issues, and endorsing candidates who share our values and who will advance our agenda. Learn more about JUFJCF.
About Jews United for Justice
Jews United for Justice advances economic, racial, and social justice in the Washington, DC and Maryland region by educating and mobilizing our local Jewish communities to action. We move our region closer to equity and justice by advancing issue-based campaigns that make real, immediate, and concrete improvements in people’s lives and build the power of working-class and poor communities of color. Through these campaigns we develop leaders, build our Jewish grassroots community, shift the consciousness of our community, and build the collective power needed to undo systemic racism and inequality. Learn more about JUFJ.
- Coordinate field work activities for the JUFJ Campaign Fund (JUFJCF) in DC, to assist voter turnout efforts to elect endorsed candidates.
- Coordinate canvassing, meet and greet events (house parties with candidates), phone banks, and text banks
- Recruit and train volunteers for these activities, including outreach emails and phone calls
- Coordinate with candidates’ campaigns regarding these events, and potentially with partner organizations as well
Key Qualifications & Experience
We’re looking for candidates with particular strengths in the following areas:
- Field Work: Experience with political campaigns – either community based or working for candidates – including canvassing, phone banking, and other voter-turnout activities
- Interpersonal Communication Skills: Possesses excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to correspond, interact, and quickly build trust with members at all levels of an organization
- Project Management Skills: Has excellent problem-solving skills and a strong sense of ownership over tasks, including follow-through, and is willing to be persistent and do what it takes to get the job done. Able to effectively plan and prioritize when faced with competing deadlines.
- Self-Starter: Approaches work with a spirit of “yes.” Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can manage a high volume of work without sacrificing quality.
- Detail Oriented: Is highly organized, with strong attention to detail — ensures that even the small things are correct.
- Team Player/Supporter: Has a strong orientation toward teamwork and collaboration. Views own work as supporting the whole and integral to the team’s effectiveness. We’re pretty busy here, and your job would be to make things run smoothly.
- Technology: Enjoys (or doesn’t mind) working with technology and has the appetite and aptitude to learn more about our database, EveryAction (NGP VAN), Asana, Google Suite, Microsoft Word, and other relevant technology.
- Integrity and Discretion: This position involves access to and sensitive use of confidential information. Candidates will have exceptional integrity and discretion to compartmentalize confidential information.
- Belief in Mission: Actively demonstrates commitment to the mission of Jews United for Justice and Jews United for Justice Campaign Fund.
- Compensation: $20-25 per hour commensurate with experience
- Location: This is a part-time (up to 20 hours/week), temporary position based out of JUFJ’s Washington, DC office
Due to COVID-19 regulations, all staff are working remotely at this time, but the DC Field Organizer will need to attend outdoor, in-person activities
The JUFJ Campaign Fund is committed to building a diverse team that draws on the strengths of people with a variety of identities, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. People of color, indigenous people, LGBTQ+ people, and immigrants are particularly encouraged to apply. You do not need to be Jewish. Please send a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 professional references to email@example.com and include DC Field Coordinator in the subject line.